Cookies and this website

This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more please read our cookie policy

Skip to content

About North Yorkshire Home Choice

North Yorkshire Home Choice is a choiced based lettings scheme that allocates Partner Local Authority and Housing Association properties for rent. 
NYHC aims and objectives are to ensure that reasonable preference is given to those in most urgent housing need, following legislation and providing where possible the opportunity to have more choice in finding a home that best suits their needs.

To check whether you are eligible and qualify for the North Yorkshire Home Choice Housing register click here.

Our Website

Our website is packed with useful information to help you find a suitable home.  You can use the website to 

  • Find out how to apply
  • Make an application
  • Check eligibility and qualification criteria
  • Search  for available properties
  • Apply for a property
  • View results of previous lettings
  • Find information on the NYHC Allocations Policy and the number of applicants on the Housing Register
  • Information on our Housing Options and Homeless advice services.
  • Links to Partner websites

To navigate around the system you can use the tabs and drop down options at the top of the page or the Topics box at the side of the screen.

Need an help either on this website, the application process or housing advice then please contact one of the Partner Housing Teams  click here to go to our contact us page.

Some information on this site is in PDF format (Portable Document Format). To view these documents you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.

     (This link will open in a new window)
Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader     (This link will open in a new window)