York Changes

City of York Council have set up their own "york" only housing allocations process using a new City of York Housing Allocations policy. 

This means if you are looking for social housing in York you will need to register directly with City of York Council 

City of York will cancel all applications they currently administer through NYHC on 31st May 2022

North Yorkshire Home Choice will continue to operate for those persons looking for housing in the local authority areas of  Craven, Richmondshire, Hambleton, Ryedale, Scarborough or Selby local authority areas using the current North Yorkshire Home Choice allocations policy and process.

The following pages provide some useful information and contact details  on how your housing application may be effected by City of Yorks decison to operate their own York-only housing register 

More information on how to apply for housing in york https://www.york.gov.uk/housing or contact the York housing registrations team on 01904 554044